How to renew driving license in Dubai
Residential in the Dubai know that driving is essential to everyday life. In Dubai have strict driving rules; having a valid driving license is essential. For that, you must learn about the Dubai driving license renewal process step-by-step.
Who Is Eligible For Dubai Driving License Renewal?
Before discussing the renewal process, to renew your driving license, you must settle all your traffic fines. A fine of 10 AED per month will be levied on customers who delay renewal of the driving license for more than one month.
Original and valid emirates ID for applicants older than 21 years old are eligible.
Eye testing, according to the RTA guidelines, Residents younger than 21 years can apply for a probationary driving license.
Original and valid Emirates ID for applicants younger than 21 years are eligible for Dubai driving license renewal.
After you get the first-time learner’s permit you are able to apply for a driving test six months.
Documents Required Renewing Driving License in the Dubai
Required original copy of expired driving license
Copy of passport and residence visa page
Copy and original emirates ID card for older than 21 years old applicants.
Eye test certificate
Clearance letter from authorized driving school as proof of fees payment
What Are The Service Charges For Dubai Driving License Renewal?
The Dubai driving license renewal fees vary. Applicants older than 21 must pay a Dubai driving license renewal fee of AED 300. Those older less than 21 years old must pay AED 100 for license renewal and other charges includes AED 20 for Knowledge and Innovation fees.
For customers younger than 21 years old
- 100 AED driver license renewal fees
- + 20 AED Knowledge and Innovation fees.
For customers 21 years and older
- 300 AED driver license renewal fees
- +20 AED Knowledge and Innovation fees.
For evaluation test if the driving license has not been renewed for more than 10 years
- 200 AED training file opening fees
- 100 AED learning application fees
- 50 AED handbook manual fees
- 200 AED RTA test fees
- 500 AED delay fees in renewing the driving license
- 300 AED driving license renewal fee
- + 20 AED Knowledge and Innovation fees.
Procedure for Driving License Renewal in Dubai
RTA has introduced multiple ways to renew the driving license in Dubai online. The RTA official website offers a comprehensive and easy-to-use tool for online Dubai license renewal. Whether you wish to apply for a new license or renew a previous one, just follow these steps:
- Firstly the applicant has to undergo a required eye test at one of the eye test centers. Conducts eye tests for RTA driving license renewal at near optician center.
- Go to the RTA official website and through open the Driver and Car Owner Services tab
- Enter Emirates ID or driving license details to retrieve data
- Upload all the required documents.
- Pay all the service charges that apply on you
- For temporary use you will get a temporary driver’s license that you can print for use until the original license is ready.
- 7 to 15 working days valid of the temporary license.
- Receive your driver’s license from Happiness Centers at Al Barsha or Deira.
- You can also get your new license delivered by paying AED 25 in additional shipping charges.
If you’re on a visitor’s visa in Dubai
If you’re in Dubai on a visit visa, your license renewal won’t be processed. To renew your license in the UAE, you need to have a valid residency visa. The same goes for residents who leave the country and re-enter on a visit visa.
If your license expired more than 10 years ago
Whole license process is needed to renewing your license when you’ve delayed renewing your license for more than a decade.
You want to renew your Dubai license but you have a residency visa for another Emirate
If you have a residency visa for another Emirate and want to renew your Dubai driving license, you may need to transfer your driving license to the Emirate where your residency visa is issued.
If your license has been suspended or cancelled in Dubai
You accrue black points in every traffic law. And suspended or even cancelled your license if you reach 24 black points, If this happens, it's important to contact the Dubai Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) or the relevant traffic department to understand the specific steps to apply for renewing your driving license.